MIT's Statement on Free Expression and Related Policies
Other MIT Materials
- MIT Corporation Bylaws: corporation.mit.edu/about-corporation/bylaws
- Science, The Endless Frontier (1945 report to the President of the United States, by Vannevar Bush), pp. 9-10, "Freedom of Inquiry Must Be Preserved."
- The Mind and Hand Book (2023-24 edition), MIT's student handbook.
- MIT's Policies and Procedures, the handbook for MIT employees, including faculty. This is effectively the faculty handbook.
- MIT's Faculty Governance webpage, similar to what in many universities would be the "faculty senate" page. This website also has the "Rules and Regulations of the Faculty", but those concern faculty governance procedures, not faculty rights.
- MIT President Rafael Reif’s letter regarding the Dorian Abbot affair, and University of Chicago President Robert Zimmer’s letter regarding an earlier campaign against Dorian Abbot.